In the spirit of Spring time, and because it's time for to have that creative outlet again, and because I'm trying desperately to follow through on things I start, and myriad other reasons that I can't even comprehend right now: I'm back. It's the first of April, the Day of Fools. Perhaps it says something about me that I would choose such a day to return to the keyboard. Hopefully it doesn't. Regardless of whether I'm a fool, firsts are great days to start things. I know, I'm not technically starting, but my last post was made in January and everyone knows that in interweb time three whole months is a lifetime.
So, to begin, as though you were not already aware, it's snowing. Which means it's time for me to begin fantasizing about spring weather. Spring is my favorite season, without any doubt. All that new green growth, lambs, calves, the smell of mud. The feel of mud. The adrenalin rush of riding the tiny strip of high ground that is your only chance of not bottoming the car out. And of course there are all the songs about Spring and the fun that can be had in that season. There were a couple of "spring days" earlier this week and last week, days when the temperature was in the fifties, the snow was melting thick and fast and the grass was beginning to show through, and the birds were singing like angels. I went out in my tee-shirt and cavorted, it was beautiful. Yes, spring is a good time to be alive! Or it will be when the snow stops and melts away... Mother Nature, you're such a tease. I love it.
No comments:
Post a Comment